Right up there in the world of fiber/sport mashup events is the Tour de Fleece! Started in 2006 on the blog Keep on Kitting in the Free World with only 16 members it's now become an annual spin-along where you set a goal and spin every day that the tour rides (July 3 - July 25) with days of rest on the 12th and the 21st (just like the tour).
Guidelines (NOT RULES):
1. Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 4th through Sunday July 25th. Days of rest: Monday July 12th, Wednesday July 21st. (Just like the actual tour)
2. Spin something challenging Thursday July 22nd. (The Tour’s toughest mountain stage from Pau up the legendary Col du Tourmalet)
3. Take a button if you want one. Then we can use the button on our blogs in show of solidarity. Take it from here or grab a clean one from the flickr pool.
4. Wear yellow on Sunday July 25th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour - but here we are all ‘race leaders’)
5. Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter - think FAST), Polka-dot (climber - as in uphill), and white (rookie)
I've set out to spin this:
Hopefully into a nice squishy sock yarn to knit up a pair for this winter. Soooo excited! Wish me luck!