21 January 2012

Just When You Think Winter is Canceled

This week has been a little up and down for me. I had an open shift at work for the first time in a bit and when I got home all the grand plans that I had for making dinner and such went right out the window. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who can follow a recipe so it was not a complete wash. But I've made it to the gym on schedule and had some good runs this week. And I got to cap the week off with the Burn's Night party given by friends of the family. I got to wear my fantastic new dress that I got last week and Donald piped the haggis in. It was a good time all around, though I could have done without the mid-dinner headache.
I'm getting pretty excited about my vacation. This time next week I will be getting ready to fly down to Austin, TX and visit my good friend Paul! I don't have a really solid schedule for the time that I'm down there yet, so if there is something you think I should be sure to check out, let me know! I will be down there for Paul's birthday and I get to wear fantastic new dress number two and generally have a raucously good time! I'll be gone for a week and it will be so nice to relax and have fun.

Jan 22 - Jan 28
Sunday - Slumgullion
Monday - Chickpea & Tomato Stew
Tuesday - Chicken Enchiladas
Wednesday - Burn's Night hosted by the Masons
Thursday - Pasta with Garlic Pesto and Tuna
Friday - Venison Shepherd's Pie
Saturday - Sushi (not sure if this is going to be homemade or eating out)

I probably won't post a menu next week, as I won't be here to be cooking. But there will defiantly be pictures and a lengthly summary post once I get back. I'm not taking my laptop down with me so I'll have some internet access via my phone, but won't be posting much except probably to Twitter (@YarnAndWhiskey). Have a good week everyone, hope you are staying warm with all the crazy weather that's been happening lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment