18 January 2011

Busy Weekend

This last weekend was a busy one! We hosted a party and did some great chocolate and whiskey pairings. Then it was back to work for MLK weekend and a Monday that was un-characteristically busy too. But I got to do some fun things so it was all worth it. I used my new rice cooker for the first time last night and I am totally in LOVE! I have had a rice cooker for a while now, but over the holidays my brother mentioned that he was looking a buying one and was kind of excited. I seized the opportunity to gift (and then upgrade) the rice cooker that I had, as it was a bit too small for 3 adults who really like rice. So I went to the local Asian grocery in Ann Arbor and got a fab 10 cup cooker. Last night's dinner was my first chance to test it out and I am very much in love - there's sooo much room! So, with out further babbling the week's menu:

Monday: Spanish spiced rice, steamed salmon fillet, roasted asparagus
Tuesday: Shepherd's pie w/ leftover colcannon
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes
Thursday: Brisket with horseradish cream, rutabaga and mushrooms
Friday: Chili
Saturday: Going out to a friend's Burn's Night celebration
Sunday: Leftovers

I also suspect that Sunday is going to become leftovers day for a while. Between mine and Donald's work schedules we aren't home at the same times and trying to plan a dinner either requires a crock pot (which I happily will do - it's just a pain some days and I like my sunday morning beauty sleep) or someone else stepping up to do the cooking and trying to get them to commit is sometimes like herding cats! Well, it's really early in the morning and I need to get to work, so until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment